Contact us to confirm this item's availability.
ACCIDENTS HAPPEN - Protect your investment with our Gold standard 3 year extended warranty.
- Coverage against: stains, accidental damage, seam separation, parts and labour, power surges, failure of manual mechanism and defects in hardware or hinges
- No deductible
- Repair or full product replacement if parts are unavailable
- Service is accessible throughout Canada
This offer includes a complete complimentary furniture care kit that consists of:
- Stain remover for fabric
- Enzymatic stain remover for fabric (great for pets)
- Solid surface cleaner
- Furniture polish for wood, veneer & melamine
- Care lotion for finished leather
- Mild shampoo for finished leather
- Cleaner & UV protector for vinyl, bycast & bonded leather
Please note that in order to be eligible for the 3 year warranty, it must be purchased at the same time as your furniture purchase. The price of the warranty will be based on the total value of your order. Please choose your order value (not including tax or the value of this warranty) from the drop down menu options above.
This document and your purchase invoice state all the dispositions of this Protection Plan (Plan) concluded between the parties. In this Plan, the term Candace & Basil refers to Definitive Home Inc. Candace & Basil will provide the following services: advice on stain removal, cleaning, repair or replacement of the covered furniture, conditional upon such services being required as a result of accidental staining and/or breakage covered by this Plan and resulting from in-home personal use.
The following damages, parts and costs are excluded under the terms of this Plan:
- A) Parts covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. B) Parts or accessories that are normally designed to be replaced periodically such as light bulbs, fuses and batteries. C) Discoloured coverings after cleaning with water or simple exposure to water, discolouration, yellowing, and deterioration of appearance. D) Damage caused by wear and tear, such as any pilling, peeling, cracking and/or tapering of the furniture covering and abrasion of the furniture’s surface. E) Alterations in shade or damages following storage, transportation or sun exposure. F) Loss or breakage resulting from external causes such as a collision, inadequate weather conditions, fire or flooding. G) Neglect to follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance program, any accumulation of dirt or corrosion, mold, sebum, sweat, bad odours as well as insect and rodent infestation. H) Misuse and/or abuse, scratches, scrapes and normal wear. I) Any incidental damage that is not specifically covered by this Plan. J) Repairs unauthorized by Candace & Basil or repairs done by an unauthorized service centre. K) Cleaning or replacement of a pair or set of furniture pieces purchased at the same time as the stained or damaged item. L) Damages caused by animals. M) Repetitive bodily fluid stains are considered as preventable events and are not covered. N) Stains and damages caused by intentional activities. O) Any and all usage of the covered product in a commercial setting.
If In-Home service is not available from an authorized service centre in the area where the covered furniture is located, the Plan holder is responsible for bringing the covered product to the nearest authorized service centre.
In the event it is impossible to remove the stain, or if the furniture requires repairs which are costlier than the actual value of the product, Candace & Basil reserves the right to replace the affected covering(s) or furniture with a similar product of equivalent quality and current availability. Candace & Basil will authorize an in-store credit. This credit is equivalent to that of the original furniture, according to the limits of this Plan. The replacement solely applies to the affected item.
Dye lots may vary and furniture could discolour over time. Therefore, it is normal that the colour of replacement coverings or materials used for repair may not fully match the areas not replaced. In the event that the component(s) needed to complete a repair are not available, Candace & Basil’s sole obligation will be to replace the furniture. Candace & Basil is not responsible for any delays and/or loss of use and/or income while the product is under repair.
The maximum liability of the Plan will not exceed the purchase price of the original furniture, as stated on the invoice. Only Candace & Basil products, which were given at the time of purchase, may be used to maintain the validity of the Plan.
Once a product has been replaced, Candace & Basil’s total obligations under this Plan will have been fulfilled and the Plan will become void. If this Plan was purchased for multiple items, the coverage will remain in effect for the remainder of the items which were not replaced.
CANCELLATION: Candace & Basil may cancel the Plan, at its option, at any time, on the basis of A) fraud or misrepresentation, B) commercial or rental use of the product, C) an unauthorized repair of the product, D) negligence to follow manufacturer’s recommended maintenance.
TRANSFERABLE: This Protection Plan is transferable from one owner to another within Canada, without charge, by simply writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of transfer including the items in question, first and last name and complete address details of the new owner.
PROCEDURES FOR THE EXECUTION OF THE PROTECTION PLAN
Accidental stains: In the event of staining, it is important to react as quickly as possible. Gently clean the stained surface as per the manufacturer’s recommendations. Should the stain still be present, use the cleaner you received with your purchase and follow the instructions on the bottle. If the stain is still present, please contact Candace & Basil within five (5) days following the stain onset.
Failure or accidental damages: Please contact Candace & Basil within five (5) days following the incident causing the covered defect.
You must provide Candace & Basil with proof of purchase of the Protection Plan and a copy of the original invoice indicating your furniture purchase. You must send pictures of the stained surface and/or damage.
If necessary, following reception and evaluation of this information, Candace & Basil may send an authorized technician, free of charge, to clean the stained surface or repair the damaged furniture.